|February 7, 2018 3:13 pm||Auction started|
The iconic Defender was made by Land Rover from 1983 – 2016. The “Defender” moniker, though, didn’t actually come into view until 1991, when Land Rover needed to distinguish it from the incoming Discovery. In the U.S. however, we did not have the pleasure of such vehicles until 1993. Land Rover of North America approved the importation of 500 Defender 110’s for the 1993 model year, all numbered and badged on the right rear. Following that ’93 run, in 1994 the 2-door Defender 90 version rolled ashore. Less than 7000 Defender 90’s were imported into North America in 1994 – 1997 and became known as the NAS ‘North American Spec’ (also numbered on rear badges) trucks.
NAS Defenders had to meet specific US EPA guidelines so some differences do exist between same model year ROW (rest of world) and NAS Defenders. The One Ten (110) represents the 110″ wheelbase length. The earlier ROW trucks differ from the later NAS examples mostly in engine and drivetrain components and lack of an internal roll cage. Very little changed in the 10 years prior to seeing them stateside. In fact, very little changed at all, ever.
Bespoke Build Auction
Today we present to you a very unique auction at Second Daily, one that allows our audience to custom build the experience they want from that rugged retro Defender. We are partnering with bespoke builder Arete Automobili, specialists in frame-off restorations and custom builds for G-wagens, Defenders, Land Cruisers, and Range Rovers for the last 10 years. We have set this auction up to have two pricing levels depending on your level of customization…a basic Stage 1 or the more optioned Stage 2 level. It’s actually not an auction at all, but simply an Immediate Buy price. Here’s what you get:
Stage 1 – $59000
The Stage 1 level is the base intro level that will include the following:
- Land Rover Defender 110
- Frame-off restoration
- Choice of exterior color
- Choice of interior material
The D110 will be a legally imported European spec with a diesel engine and manual transmission. It will come with power steering, power brakes, newer style wheels, new tires, and suspension work. It will have had a full frame off restoration with no rust or corrosion concerns.
Stage 2 – $70000
The Stage 2 level includes all of Stage 1 with the following added options:
- Exterior bolt-on options (winch, snorkel, off-road lighting)
- Custom leather stitching and seating surface choices
- Air Conditioning
Stage 3 – Fully Customized – Price On Request
If the pre-developed stages simply do not suit your means, we offer a fully custom build option. Please contact us for more information and pricing.
Title and Shipping
Upon completion of the restoration and custom build, our pricing states that all trucks will be legally imported into the U.S., will clear customs and then be titled in Florida. Shipping to your door within the United States is at the buyer’s added expense but we can help arrange for this. You will also be required to title and register the vehicle in your own state according to state and local laws. Please be sure you familiarize yourself with this process, particularly if you live in California.
Bidding and Payment
Bidding is simple and similar to all other Second Daily auctions. The only difference here is, you are bidding according to the level of customization you prefer. We have set the minimum bid price to $59000. Therefore, you must bid this amount or more and when the bid process is made you will be charged 5% of the total price as an immediate short deposit. Payment for 45% of the total price is due within 5 business days of the auction closing. The remaining 50% balance is due when the title clears and the truck is ready for shipment from our warehouse in Florida.
Disclaimer: Winning buyers are responsible for understanding the bidding process and payment requirements. Please read the terms of service and by bidding, you are agreeing to these terms. Second Daily is not liable for the condition or contents of the vehicle. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more information.