We are a boutique online curated auction house focused on featuring all the cool / classic / collectible / enthusiast / niche cars that we’d love to have parked in our own garage rotation. We list the cars that you submit and help you sell by providing the online auction platform, personally writing the ad for you, and pushing your ad out through all our channels and networks. Auctions run 24/7 online and the best part…there’s no risk at all because it’s free to list with us and you can set a reserve price. A large portion of our proceeds benefit our charity partner, the Austin Hatcher Foundation for Pediatric Cancer (a SEMA Cares organization).
- NO SELLING FEES, OPTION TO SET A RESERVE PRICE, NO RISK.
- Register an account with us and submit your vehicle for auction consideration.
- We review each submission and get back to you with a decision typically within 48 hours.
- If accepted, you submit a second/final round of vehicle information.
- We personally craft the auction ad and allow you to review prior to posting.
- If your vehicle does not sell, you can offer a second chance ‘overtime’ offer to the 3 highest bidders.
- We ask for proof of the title; Dealers and private party sales are welcomed.
- The only thing we ask is that your vehicle is not for sale anywhere else during the auction and you cannot cancel the auction once it starts.
- Register an account with us to bid on any vehicle listed.
- You may choose the style of bidding you prefer, either a Direct (exact) bid or Dynamic (proxy) bid.
- At initial bid, your credit card is pre-authorized $350 as a good-faith hold.
- If you win the auction, you are charged a buyer’s premium in the amount of 5% of the final bid amount (minimum charge is $350). Most auction houses charge 10%-18%.
- If you do not win the auction, your card is not charged anything.
- To help protect you, we can assist with the actual payment to the Seller through our Buying Assistance Program.
- If needed, we can offer shipping assistance as well.
What does the 5% get you? We work directly with the sellers to negotiate a low market-competitive reserve price. You get our compilation and expert critique of the vehicle, both through pictures and our direct contact with the seller. You get our assistance in arranging for an on-site visit or ordered inspection. Depending on the vehicle, we may cover the inspection costs up to $200. You get our Assistance program, which allows you to pay us rather than an unknown seller, we hold that in escrow until you receive the title. You get our customer service response and we can help arrange for shipping. If you’ve ever tried to buy a car remotely, you understand the value of what we bring.
Direct / Fixed / Exact Bidding
It goes by several names, but this type of bidding is the simplest. The bid amount advances directly to the exact amount you input. See, simple right? To use this style of bidding, simply check the box below the bid box amount to ‘make this an exact bid’. This is the type of bidding you would encounter at Barrett-Jackson, Mecum and other car auction houses.
Dynamic / Proxy Bidding (DEFAULT)
This bidding may be a little more complex in theory but easy for the bidder. The bid amount advances to the next highest bid, which equals the current bid amount plus the bid increment. The computer will continue to bid for you (i.e. serve as your proxy) up to your maximum bid amount. This is the type of bidding you would encounter at eBay Motors. This is the DEFAULT bidding style here. In the example, you will notice there is no difference between the bidding styles if the current price is below the Reserve.
We recognize that success comes with numbers. For that, we offer a $100 referral fee to anyone who brings a successful buyer to close out the auction. The winning bidder simply needs to mention your username in an email to us after the auction successfully closes. So please spread the word about Second Daily.
No hidden fees, secure bidding, no risk. It’s as simple as that. If you have any questions please contact us.
Ready to sell? Let’s see what you have!
OVERTIME SECOND CHANCE OFFERING
SELLERS: Ability to send a second chance offer to the top 3 bidders if your reserve is not met (RNM)
BIDDERS: If you are one of the top 3 bidders in a RNM auction, you will receive a second chance offer via email within 24 hours of auction close
If you listed a vehicle for auction with a reserve price and at auction close the reserve isn’t met, we can take the sale off-line into what we call Overtime Bidding. Here, as the seller you will have the opportunity to send a second chance offer, a price that is at or below your reserve, to the top 3 bidders in an attempt to close the deal. It’s a simple process that we have developed that is executed within 24 hours of auction closing if the reserve is not met.